Raw Like Fish gets interviewed and talks about their "Pendolism" EP, their live show, upcoming plans and much more.
From: Hanover, Germany
Sounds like: Rock
1. How did you get started with music and how did you develop your sound? Who thought of the name “Raw Like Fish” and is there any meaning behind it?
The development of our sound is an ongoing process. We´ve been jamming, recording & experimenting with styles and sounds since we started the band more than 10 years ago. The recent Pendolism EP is the quintessence of the last 2 or 3 years of doing exactly that. The name of the band came from Cord, lightyears ago, and is completely random.
2. What do you want listeners to take away from your "Pendolism" EP?
They hopefully have a good time and think its a shame that it´s only an EP.
3. What can people expect from your live show?
We have a wide range of magic tricks. Also, we always try to take the feeling we have on record to the stage. We don´t really like to repeat the same set, so the mix of the songs will always be different. Our shows are fluent and we enjoy to connect songs with improvisations and soundscapes. No one really knows whats gonna come out in parts of a show until they happen.
4. What's your favorite track to play live?
Songs come and go as just described, so that always changes as well.
5. Who are three bands you’d like to tour with?
Queen and our ritualisticly worshipped idol David Hasselhoff.
6. Any crazy show stories?
According to our legal experts: no.
7. What’s your take on the current state of rock?
It is still out there. If one takes off one´s eyes of mainstream/pop-culture for just a moment, there´s actually plenty to see, listen to and explore.
8. What’s the current music scene like there in Germany both locally and country wide?
Mostly, it´s a sell out.
9. What’s your take on legal/illegal music downloading?
We offer our music with a name you price option online, so if you want you can download it for free legal and if you want to support an artist you like you can download it for, let´s say, 1$, directly making sure your favored artist has food for another week. So, our general stance towards the issue is pretty much that.
10. What’s next for Raw Like Fish?
We´re about to start writing the next record and have some other project´s in planning. If things go right we´ll also be heading out for a couple of shows later this year.
11. Any shoutouts?
Certainly, to our good buddy OPUS5108 and our friends HIRYM, check them out.