The Omniscient gets interviewed and talks about their "Abandoned Species" single, upcoming plans and much more.
From: Nappanee, Indiana
Sounds like: Hardcore
1. How did you get started with music and how did you develop your sound?
We all grew up around music and became passionate about it. We developed our sound over time by blending all of our individual musical styles and finding something that worked.
2. What do you want listeners to take away from the "Abandoned Species" single? How's the response been to your new EP?
Surviving in a harsh world. Surviving in a world where hope has essentially abandoned us. We've received a tremendously positive response from those who've heard the EP.
3. What can people expect from your live show?
Raw, unharnessed energy.
4. What's your favorite track to play live?
"This Wicked Life".
5. Who are three bands you’d like to tour with?
Knocked Loose, Fit For An Autopsy, and Ice Nine Kills.
6. Any crazy show stories?
We played this show outside one time and the time before our set the place was dead as hell and once we played the crowd got rowdy and wild, to the extend of people spinning fire and setting smoke bombs off and a crowd of people decided to try to flip a car.
7. What’s your take on the current state of hardcore?
Too overproduced and cookie cutter. Everyone is doing the same thing.
8. What’s the current music scene like there in Indiana both locally and state wide?
In Indiana both locally and state wide metal is not as widely accepted as it is in most other places.
9. What’s your take on legal/illegal music downloading?
Illegal downloads are killing the music industry, making it harder for local bands to get anywhere.
10. What’s next for The Omniscient?
Bigger opportunities, more merch, and hopefully expanding to other states.
11. Any shoutouts?
Propaganda Clothing Co., Asgard Radio, 103.9 The Bear, It Lies Within, and Robotface.