No Eye Has Seen gets interviewed and talks about their live show, the Connecticut music scene and much more.
From: Killingly, Connecticut
Sounds like: Metalcore
1. How did you get started with music and how did you develop your sound? Who thought of the name “No Eye Has Seen” and is there any meaning behind it?
We have all been musicians since we were young and have all been passionate about the metalcore genre for a long time. We had a few influences in mind but then as we wrote our music we developed a sound that became our own.
Our vocalist discovered the band name and he found it in a bible verse, 2 Chorinthians 2:9 However, as it is written “What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived” the things God has prepared for those who love him.
2. What do you want listeners to take away from the "Transcending" EP?
We want our listeners to get a positive message from our lyrics and a desire to come see us at a live show.
3. What can people expect from your live show?
Energy. Straight up energy.
4. What's your favorite track to play live?
"Balrog", because from beginning to end its fast, energetic, and finishes with a crushing breakdown.
5. Who are three bands you’d like to tour with?
Erra, August Burns Red, and After the Burial because they are big influences of ours and it would be a wild tour!
6. Any crazy show stories?
So one show an old man jumped on stage, stole our fallen hats and kissed our vocalist on the neck.
7. What’s your take on the current state of metalcore?
We are happy to be involved in a music scene where hard work pays off. It always amps us up to see people going absolutely nuts during our shows, screaming/singing along and going hard in the pit. We would not want to be in any other scene, because nothing else compares to the energy, passion, and connection between bands and fans.
8. What’s the current music scene like there in Connecticut both locally and state wide?
The music scene is great here! There are plenty of venues to play at and there are a lot of up and coming bands that we get the opportunity to play alongside of.
9. What’s your take on legal/illegal music downloading?
What's most important to us is that music from our band and others gets heard by as many people as possible. However due to the multitude of music streaming platforms there's really not much of a need to download music illegally.
10. What’s next for No Eye Has Seen?
Since releasing our debut EP "Transcending" we have dedicated ourselves to playing as many shows to get our name and music out there. We are currently writing our first full length album that we hope to have released by the end of this year.
11. Any shoutouts?
We would like to thank Chris Piquette of No Boundaries Studios for recording our first EP, We would also like to thank everyone who has been and continue to support us.