Rescue The Mouse talk about their new "Japan" EP, their current tour and much more.
From: Dallas, TX
Sounds like: Rock
1. What do you want listeners to take away from your "Japan" EP?
We want people to hear the diversity in our sound. We are influenced by a wide range of artists and enjoy expressing in our songs. We aim to make sure we don't have songs that sound the same. Lyrically, we want people to relate to them and feel good when they hear them. The theme of this EP revolves around positive energy and overcoming struggles in life.
2. Has there been any discussion regarding anymore music videos?
Yes! We currently have a lyric video out for one of our songs and videos of many of our live sets, but we are in the beginning stages of creating a music video for one of the songs we have professionally recorded. Ideas are being tossed around so we hope to get it set in stone soon.
3. What was the inspiration for the cover art for the EP?
It came from a conversation about where we envision ourselves in the future. We are aiming big, "...from Dallas to Japan, baby!"
4. How's the current tour coming along? Any good show stories thus far?
We're currently on Day 4 so last night was a bunch of fun. There aren't any crazy stories...yet, but the age of the tour is still young.
5. What artists are you currently listening to? Any acts you recommend that people should check out?
Being in a van with 4 other people from all different backgrounds with a wide collection of influences, there tends to be quite an array of artists being enjoyed and shared with everyone. It's like...a musical buffet. Haha Some artists we're listening to are Powertrip (local), The Idle Kind (local), Letlive, Bring Me The Horizon, Mewithoutyou, Unity-TX (local), and a plethora of others. Definitely check out the locals from the Dallas, TX area. There's great stuff in the Dallas scene.
6. What was the last concert you went to as a fan?
Revin: Bring Me The Horizon.
Brendan: Minus The Bear.
Barron: Circa Survive.
Shaneka: Black Sabbath.
Eric: Explosions in the Sky.
7. As an artist, what's your take on the streaming sites (Spotify, Tidal, Apple Music, etc.) and how they pay royalties to bands?
We don't have any issues with that. As long as people are listening to our music, we're fine with how they receive it. As far as royalties are concerned, we don't have much experience yet to formulate a solid opinion, but we haven't heard any horror stories from other bands we know. If anything, all that's been mentioned has been positive.
8. How would you describe your music to the average person?
We mix a bunch of elements together that are under the "Rock" umbrella; We have been considered heavy Rock as well as Alternative and they both seem to fit us.
9. What's next for Rescue The Mouse?
We are writing more music, recording more material, making a music video, and possibly releasing a full length LP.