Mojave Nomads gets interviewed and talks about their "Creature Double Feature" single, the Utah music scene and much more.
From: Ogden, Utah
Sounds like: Alternative Rock
"Creature Double Feature" Music Video
1. How did you get started with music and how did you develop your sound? Who thought of the name “Mojave Nomads” and is there any meaning behind it?
We started about 2 years ago, as kind of a blues band. Colter and Cole had been jamming as a two piece during high school and wanted to branch out into a full band, Colter and I (Tyler) grew up together and Cole and Bryton knew each other since they were born. Then we all just kind of came to each other and brought mason on board, who is Colters little brother.
Sadly there isn't a very good story to go along with the name "Mojave Nomads", we simply just really liked the name.
2. What do you want listeners to take away from the "Creature Double Feature" single?
"Creature Double Feature" was inspired by the 1980s TV show, when I wrote it I was just trying to say in the creepiest way possible that people aren't always who they appear to be.
3. What can people expect from your live show?
Lots of energy, lots of fun and we normally sound better live than on any of our records.
4. What's your favorite track to play live?
Right now, "Creature Double Feature", but it changes every show.
5. Who are three bands you’d like to tour with?
Portugal. The Man, Tame Impala and The 1975.
6. Any crazy show stories?
I fell off the stage once at Kilby Court in Salt Lake, I wasn't drunk I'm just clumsy. But I still kept singing while I was on the ground, I didn't miss a beat.
7. What’s your take on the current state of rock?
I think Rock and music in general is in an interesting place, because everyone has access to every genre of music and can apply all of these new influences into their sound and create something entirely new but still be under the umbrella of "Rock".
8. What’s the current music scene like there in Utah both locally and state wide?
At first look, the music scene in Utah is very Pop oriented, but if you dive a little deeper you will find all sorts of different music, there is actually a lot of cool stuff happening in Logan and Salt Lake.
9. What’s your take on legal/illegal music downloading?
I just want people to hear our stuff, so download it if you want, just come to our shows and buy our merch if you dig what you hear.
10. What’s next for Mojave Nomads?
We are going to release a few more singles as the year goes on and we are looking at releasing an EP February of next year and a tour to support it summer of 2017.