Mountain-House talks about the Ohio music scene, current state of Rock and much more.
From: New Bremen, OH
Sounds like: Emo/Indie Rock
1. How did you get started with music and how did you develop your sound? Who thought of the name “Mountain House” and is there any meaning behind it?
We just kind of messed around and played until we got the sound we wanted. As far as the name goes, we just think living on a house in the mountains would be dope.
2. What do you want listeners to take away from your "Friends" single?
We want them to hear "Friends" and hopefully be interested in hearing our other music. It would also be cool to tell their friends about it. No pun intended.
3. What can people expect from your live show?
A rockin' environment where everyone can be themselves and enjoy music together.
4. What's your favorite track to play live?
We don't really have a favorite. We just like playing music and having a good time with the crowd.
5. Who are three bands you’d like to tour with?
We are just going to name four because we can't decide. Joyce Manor, Tigers Jaw, Tiny Moving Parts, and Sorority Noise. It would be a blast.
6. Any crazy show stories?
One of our house shows had to shut down early because cops were supposedly coming. Never seen so many sober people run for absolutely no reason.
7. What’s your take on the current state of Rock?
It's seen better days. We are hoping those days roll back around.
8. What’s the current music scene like there in Ohio both locally and state wide?
There is a wide variety of different bands both locally and state wide. Full of really awesome people.
9. What’s your take on legal/illegal music downloading?
It's a tricky situation. The artist definitely deserves to make something off of their music.
10. What’s next for Mountain-House>
Hopefully lots of shows with a bunch of good times.
11. Any shoutouts?
Shout outs to Basement Religion, Minor 'Love, Seth Canan and the Carriers, Gabe Maas and the Bruins, Life in Idle, and Rion Ringo. They slay.