Saved by Friday talks about their "Jaded" EP, the Florida music scene and much more.
From: Tampa, FL
Sounds like: Pop/Rock
1. How did you get started with music and how did you develop your sound? Who thought of the name “Saved by Friday” and is there any meaning behind it?
The idea for the band started on Xbox, just in conversation. Over time we decided to actually try it, we didn't know much about making music. So over time, our sound has evolved tremendously as we've also gained skill on our respective duties. "Saved by Friday" was just a name we agreed on over weeks of searching for something. It's not too deep of a meaning, just making it through the week and living for the weekend.
2. What do you want listeners to take away from your "Jaded" EP?
Just that they enjoy it, we want people from all over to like our music.
3. What can people expect from your live show?
They can expect a unique set, simply because we don't script our performances. Every show is organic and down to earth.
4. What's your favorite track to play live?
I'd say "Home" is our collective favorite. It's our token song, and the vibe in the room changes, it's an attention grabber.
5. Who are three bands you’d like to tour with?
Paramore, Coldplay, and The Rolling Stones.
6. Any crazy show stories?
We were followed by a meth head after a show to McDonald's. His name was Sneaky Pete. We've been offered meth a number of times, given that we live in Tampa.
7. What’s your take on the current state of Rock?
Indie Rock and Alternative are dominating. Bands like "Walk The Moon" and "the 1975" are really shaping it up.
8. What’s the current music scene like there in Florida both locally and state wide?
Florida's music scene is predominantly metalcore and some pop-punk, so it's a blessing and a curse for us since we're different. People at the least love music here.
9. What’s your take on legal/illegal music downloading?
Support the artists you love.
10. What’s next for Saved by Friday?
Hopefully touring, small and big. We'd love to become an international act.
11. Any shoutouts?
Shoutout to everybody who continues to support us!